Daily

Will visine make you sick?

Yes, it makes you very very ill. Not diahrrea though. It can cause severe vomiting, heart arrythmia, blurred vision, and can cause nervous system problems. If you think that putting eyedrops into someones food or drink thinking you are going to give them just the “trots”, you are sadly mistaken!

Can ingesting Visine kill you? Yes, this guy fell down the stairs, but Visine can most definitely kill you if ingested. Snopes-. The active ingredient in Visine eye drops is Tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05%. Swallowing this substance can result in a number of nasty effects, including: Lowering body temperature to dangerous levels.

How much Visine is lethal? 1 Answer. Howeve original Visine contains 0.05% Tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride. A full 15 milliliter bottle would contain 750 milligrams of the tetrahydrozoline. The MSDS sheets I found on the ‘net indicate a LD50 for mice of around 345 mg/Kg (The Lethal Dose 50% quantity is the amount of chemical which will kill half of the test animals it is…

Is Visine poisonous to ingest? The chemical in Visine can actually be very toxic if ingested. While there is no data for ingestion in animals, side effects in humans can range from a large drop in blood pressure, lowering of body temperature, seizures, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting and difficulty breathing. I would check her mouth to look for any redness or sores.

Is Visine dangerous? Short answer. Visine is safe for most people. However, just like most over the counter remedies, it shouldn’t be abused. Be sure to check with your doctor if you’re taking any medications, or are pregnant or nursing.