Are you obsessed with your health and always worried about your cholesterol levels? “Oh no, did I just eat something with bad cholesterol?” Or maybe you’re one of those people who don’t even know what cholesterol is. Well, fear not my friend! In this article, we will dive into the topic of good cholesterol (spoiler, it’s a thing!) and discuss what is considered to be an ideal range for it.
But first, let’s understand what cholesterol actually is
Cholesterol is a waxy substance found in our bloodstreams that helps protect our cells by making them sturdy enough to retain their shape. It comes from two sources: our liver produces about 75% of the body’s total amount while the remaining 25% comes from food (yes…that big juicy burger might just be doing more harm than good).
LDL Cholesterol – The evil twin
The villainous counterpart to its virtuous sibling: low-density lipoprotein (LDL) rises due to unhealthy eating habits like consuming saturated fats or trans fats which can clump together in artery walls resulting in conditions such as heart disease or stroke. An optimal LDL range would be below 100mg/dL.
HDL Cholesterol – Here Comes the Hero!
Now here comes the hero: high-density lipoprotein (HDL)step onto center stage These guys are responsible for removing excess bad (LDL)and processed cholesterols, giving way towards protecting against heart diseases/stroke/hypertension. So higher HDL levels equate improved cardiovascular health; so ideally one should aim have above 50 mg/dl & above but close to an optimum value would lie between ~60-80 mg/dl
Can diet affect your Good Cholesterols too?!
When talking about increasing “good” cholesterol levels in the body, it’s important to remember that healthy eating is key. Wanna cheat on your diet and still see results? Try incorporating nuts like almonds or walnuts into your meals or snacks for great benefits! Other wholesome alternatives include:
– Fruits & Veggies (avoid processed ones)
– Legumes (beans, peas, lentils)
Though these might not work as well if you eat them while consuming other junks in quantities.
The Importance of Omega – 3 Fatty acids
Omega – 3 fatty acids have this magical ability to reduce inflammation across the entire circulatory system; eventually leading towards healthier hearts with better blood flow as they help lower triglycerides while boosting good HDL cholesterol levels. In fact a study showed an impressive raise upto ~10% whereas another study shows it helps increase production efficiency upto ~15%. This leads towards greater flexibility & reducing unwanted clots/ inflations/ obstructions around arterial walls which consequently reduces cardio vascular risk factors!
Sources of Omega – 3’s
Various sources tend the consumption of food containing omega – acidase can be derived from :
1)Fish oil supplements,
2)Foods naturally high in unsaturated fats such:
a.Salmon / Tuna &
b.Chia seeds/fish roe/cod liver oil/albacore tuna/jumpsuit /mackerel etc.
Smoking Vs Good Chlesterol ; their relationship
Not only does smoking already cause a countless negative impact throughout multiple regions of our bodies’ systems but it also affects how our lipoproteins behave within those tissues. Smoke contains toxic chemicals that seek out and destroy any beneficial HDL molecules within us—leading to reckless damage to our overall heart health.
Some final takeaways here are; ideal LDL range being below 100mg/dL,LipidHeart Panel(Calculation of blood cholesterol levels) is important since high levels can lead towards chronic conditions also HDL Levels should be minimum 50 & optimum ranging between ~60-80mg/dl.
Furthermore, consuming wholesome organic unprocessed food with proper omega -3 fatty acids and quitting bad habits like smoking will take care of most things. They say you are what you eat; likewise eating healthy keeps all vital organs working in harmony which ensures a fit lifestyle!
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Can actemra cause weight gain?
- How to overcome rejection from a guy?
- Does cq10 raise blood pressure?
- Can you drink alcohol with antidepressants?
- How much sugar does a cough drop have?
- What does narcissistic sociopath mean?
- Are Kylie and Travis Still Together? The Ultimate Relationship Update
- The Ultimate Guide: How many nails per fence picket?
- Why does menopause cause hot flashes?
- Upgrade Your Zoom Style with an Office Room Background
- Can i take ibuprofen with indomethacin?
- Master the Art of Steak: Unveiling the Secrets to Cooking a Perfect Steak in an Airfryer