Are you feeling itchy and seeing some red bumps on your skin? Well, you might have scabies! Don’t worry; it’s a common condition caused by tiny mites that burrow into your skin. Yes, I know it sounds terrifying, but trust me; we got this! In this article, we will discuss the different treatments to kill scabies off your body.
How To Know If You Have Scabies
Before we talk about how to treat, let’s first understand what scabies is and how to identify its symptoms.
Scabies is a contagious skin infestation caused by Sarcoptes scabiei mite. The parasite lays eggs under the top layer of human skin resulting in bumps or pimple-like rashes primarily in the folds of the skin such as armpits, groin area, between the fingers (yikes), under breasts etc. One may also experience itching which becomes intense mostly at night time (oh no!).
Traditional Treatments For Scabies
- Permethrin Cream – This cream contains an insecticide called permethrin that kills both adult mites and their eggs. Your doctor would advise you to apply it all over from neck down after taking shower without rinsing for 8-14 hours followed with washing.
- Benzyl benzoate lotion – Another potent treatment option containing antiparasitic agents suitable for adults only instead of children.
- Crotamiton cream/lotion – Offered as Eurax or Crotan by prescription these can combat wicked itch due topically applied crotonamide hexahydrobenzene.
Amongst these creams/rubs/lotions are typically considered frontline action against those pesky mites!
However one should strictly abide by instructions shared mainly around timing & dosage intended otherwise efficiency can be affected.
Egg shedding female miTes face Scabacidal (permethrin based creams) triggering certain morbidity side effects such as severe itching, red bumps formation or even inflammation around the bump.
It’s always good to sanitize not just your homes but yourself as well. Using antibacterial soap could help in scrubbing away any scabies attached (gross right?) on the skin’s protective barrier along with other bacterias responsible for producing lesions.
Some commonly used antibacterial soaps are:
– Safeguard bar soap
– Dial liquid hand soap
– Chlorhexidine gluconate solution
However – using pure alcohol is a cheaper alternative to get that initial sterilizing done efficiently
Oral Medication To Treat Scabies
In some cases and for more severe infestations of prolonged periods, an oral medication might be required. Two most common types utilized include:
- Ivermectin – A drug approved by FDA; harmless yet effective oral dose given daily that acts by killing parasite eggs.
- Stromectol –
If you find these names hard pronounce don’t worry, patients usually refer to them by their nicknames anyways (phew!)
Pro tip – You’ll remain contagious during treatment and need to stay indoors/have sex after 8 hours or longer if shingles persist.
Like who wouldn’t want a vacation from work? Alternatively, visit local rehabilitation centers (just kidding!).
Ivermectin contains avermectin which penetrates mite nervous system leading it paralyzing its movements until it dies naturally. Other chemical compounds like selamectin use an entirely different mechanism altogether targeting mites’ enzymes essential metabolism causing slow death eventually!
Natural Remedies You Can Try At Home:
For those looking for simple natural treatments :
1.Clove oil provides powerful antimicrobial properties easing off itchiness and another symptom caused due body burdened presence activated platelets lowering essential oil.
2.Tea tree oil one more like clove is found beneficial towards mites as it breaks through their protective barriers, leading to death.
Other options include a combination of 20mL each of lavender or thyme oils (or both!) mixed coconut/sesame carrier oils used for topical application after setting in dilution.
Please note that while these remedies have been known to exhibit positive results against scabies infestations they should not replace traditional scientifically approved treatments if you suffer from acute cases.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, Scabies can be irritating and troublesome – urgently seeking treatment gets essential then becomes paramount especially when symptoms don’t relienting sometimes over prolonged periods/
We listed off multiple traditional treatments coupled with natural ones because choosing the best-suited path differs between people- If in doubt consult your trusted dermatologist who will guide you accordingly concerning antipyretic SOAP/ lotion; special creams or oral medication.
Remember- Your never-ending itch could signal something worse than just dry skin accompanying but rather an underlying problem signaling you get proper medical attention right away!
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- What is 30 of 48?
- What is aloe vera gel used for?
- Motion sickness med for hangovers? Does Dramamine work?
- Is it good to drink water after working out?
- How to get japanese encephalitis?
- How to make sildenafil work better?
- How long does a broken ankle take to heal?
- How can i dry up poison ivy fast?
- What is tourette syndrome treatment?
- How Much Do You Make For Selling Eggs?
- Can antibiotic eye drops cause diarrhea?