Have you been scouring the internet for a miracle cure to your seborrheic dermatitis? Look no further than your very own pantry! Yes, you heard that right. The solution to all your skin problems lies in none other than sea salt.
But wait, before we dive deeper into the sea of information on this topic (pun intended), let’s understand what exactly is seborrheic dermatitis.
What Is Seborrhoeic Dermatitis?
Seborrhoeic dermatitis is a common inflammatory skin condition that affects people of all ages. It typically appears on areas of the body with high concentrations of oil glands, such as the scalp or face. Symptoms include scaly patches, redness and itchiness. While it can be managed with prescribed medications and ointments, many people turn towards natural remedies for relief from symptoms.
Now that we have an understanding of seb derm (much cooler way to say it), let’s see how sea salt can help us deal with it.
How Does Sea Salt Work Against Seb Derm?
Sea salt has antimicrobial properties which means that it contains substances that stop microorganisms – basically those nasties responsible for infections- from growing or multiplying. This makes it a perfect candidate for preventing flare-ups caused by fungi or bacteria and reducing inflammation associated with seb derm.
Furthermore, sea salt helps exfoliate dead skin cells from our scalp which often leads to clogging of hair follicles causing itching and dandruff-like flakes.So long embarrassing flakes! Lastly,1% sodium chloride present in our beloved ingredient prevents overgrowth of Malassezia fungus found abundantly on oily regions like scalp thus( lessening any chances )of inflammation.
The question arises; how do I retain maximum benefits without drying my hair out while using a generous amount of salt?
Saltwater Shampoo- Oh Lather, Rinse and Repeat!
The answer to this is simple: make a saltwater shampoo! To make the perfect one (here’s where you pretend I’m a scientist giving you the formula for test tubes) –
- Mix 1 tablespoon sea salt in 1/2 cup warm water until entirely dissolved.
- Add your preferred conditioner (for moisture as we don’t want to completely dry out our hair) and few drops of tea tree oil widely known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
But mu-mu-my hair is super oily?! Fear not young grasshopper. You can forget about conditioning but let tea tree oil’s magic do its work.
Now that we know how to make it, let’s see how best to use it:
- Wet your hair thoroughly.
- Using the circular motions with finger-tips apply our magical elixir right onto your scalp concentrating on areas most prone to flakes like around ears or backside of your head.
- Let the mixture sit for two minutes before rinsing off thoroughly
4.Complete routine with recommended conditioner
Congratulations! You’ve given birth (I mean prepared!)your very own homemade antidote !
Tips: Sea salts have high levels of trace minerals and ions which gives them their unique odor.Do wash off properly.Single time use should be sufficient initially while( experimenting .)
Seborrheic dermatitis has long plagued many people with persistent symptoms causing nothing less than embarrassment.Be assured that there are various self-help regimes(and DIYs) available other than resorting directly towards medication.Sea salt has been seen as an unconventional yet promises mild e relief against painful flare-ups
Experiment over different day intervals rather than immediately persisting.It might require some trial-and-error at first;however isn’t any medicine? Be patient & consistent And who knows after implementing sea salt in your skin care regime you might earn the title of mermaid at least for dandruff free hair! Happy healing!
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- How many oz is 1 4 cup cream cheese?
- What does light green pee mean?
- Blueprint Treasure Hunt: Uncovering Existing House Blueprints
- How do i measure milliliters?
- Is cerebral palsy a stroke?
- Is black obsidian water safe?
- Mastering PVC Pipe Weight Calculation in kg/m: Your Ultimate Guide!
- What Does Love Child Mean? Unpacking the Term
- Does pericardial effusion go away?
- Are genital warts red bumps?