Quotes for When Feeling Let Down: Your Go-To Guide
Have you ever felt completely let down by a situation, person or even yourself? It can be incredibly frustrating and demotivating when things don’t go as planned. But fear not, we are here to help lift your spirits with some of the best quotes for when feeling let down! These phrases are guaranteed to put a smile on your face and restore your faith in humanity (well, maybe not all of them).
Life is Full of Ups and Downs
Life can throw us curveballs when we least expect it. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try or plan ahead, things just don’t work out. This is where these quotes come in – they remind us that setbacks are temporary and good times will always follow.
- “You have within you right now everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you” (Brian Tracy)
- “When life gives you lemons… well okay first off who gave those lemons to you because social distancing people.” (Unknown)
- “The struggles we endure today will be the ‘good old days’ we laugh about tomorrow” (Aaron Lauritsen)
Believe in Yourself
One major reason why disappointment hits hard is because it disrupts our belief in ourselves. We feel inadequate or unworthy of success due to unmet expectations. However, believing in oneself helps rekindle this inner strength which leads towards better outcomes.
- “Believe deep down in your heart that you’re destined to do great things” (Joe Paterno)
- “Believing in yourself is the first secret to success” (Unknown author).
Laughter Heals All Wounds
It’s no secret that laughter makes us feel better inside-out; its therapeutic effect has been documented extensively over time. So why not use humor as an antidote when feeling down and out? Here are some funny quotes guaranteed to get you giggling:
- “Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair… because they suck.” (Unknown)
- “If at first, you don’t succeed, redefine success.” (Unknown)
- “I’m not arguing. I’m simply explaining why I am right.” (Unknown)
Keep Moving Forward
Stagnation is one of the surefire ways of letting disappointment take hold and consume us completely. This is why we all need reminders now and then that life goes on – it’s up to us whether we decide to stay stuck in negativity or move forward.
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop”(Confucius).
- “When something bad happens, you have three choices: You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.”(Unknown)
Failures Lead Towards Success
Struggles lead towards successes; setbacks help develop resilience in character which leads towards fulfilling our goals sooner than expected.
As J.K Rowling aptly put it:
“Failure makes me work ever harder.”
The famous author infact embodies this philosophy; before becoming famous for her Harry Potter series she faced rejection from multiple publishers but did it keep her down?
And neither should we! Let failures be stepping stones.
|“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly” Robert Kennedy.||Managing failure builds mental strength||source|
Think of every setback as one step closer towards achieving your goal.
We hope these quotes helped uplift your mood and restore the faith that may have been lost. Remember, let downs are inevitable – it’s how we handle them that counts. Whether you choose to use humor, believe in yourself or move forward past failure- make sure never to give up. You’ve got this!