How to use spiriva?
Directions for use
- Pull open the dust cap and mouthpiece of the HandiHaler.
- Remove one SPIRIVA capsule from its package immediately before use. Separate the blister strip. Peel back the foil to the STOP line.
- PLACE the capsule in the center chamber.
- CLOSE the mouthpiece firmly until you hear a click.
- Keep the mouthpiece pointing up. PRESS the green button once. This pierces the capsule and releases the medicine.
- BREATHE OUT all the way. Do not breathe into the mouthpiece at any time.
- Keep your head upright. Close your lips tightly around the mouthpiece. BREATHE IN slowly and deeply, but strongly enough to make the capsule inside the HandiHaler vibrate.
- When your lungs are full, hold your breath.
- Exhale and breathe normally again.
- REPEAT steps 6 to 9 to be sure you get the full dose.
- Open the mouthpiece. Tip the HandiHaler so the used capsule falls out and into the garbage.
- Close the HandiHaler. Store it with your SPIRIVA capsules.
Is Spiriva the best for COPD? Effective drug. Spiriva is not necessarily the “best” because it is usual part of the regimen for many patients with copd. Spiriva has been shown to be very good at relieving a feature of COPD called “air trapping”. That is patients on spirva can be shown to on average trap less air in the lung on pulmonary function testing.
Is Spiriva any good? Spiriva Improves Asthma Treatment. Study Shows When Inhaler Alone Isn’t Enough, Spiriva at Least as Good as Serevent for Asthma. From the WebMD Archives. Sept. 20, 2010 – Spiriva, a drug for severe lung disease, is a big help for asthma patients who don’t get relief from steroid inhalers alone, a study shows.
What is Spiriva Respimat used for? The medicine Tiotropium bromide is used to treat AsthmaHow should I store Spiriva?How should I store Spiriva?
How do I store and/or throw out Spiriva Handihaler?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Store capsules in the original container. Use right after opening.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so.