Are you tired of the pesky invaders in your home? You know, those little pests with beady eyes and tiny feet that make their way into every nook and cranny, scurrying around like they own the place. Yes, mice might be cute in cartoons, but when it comes to real life, they are nothing but a nuisance. Luckily for you, there is a natural solution: peppermint oil! Not only does peppermint oil have a pleasant scent that can cover up any unwanted odors in your home – it also repels mice. Follow our step-by-step guide below on how to use peppermint oil to keep those rodents out of your house.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
Before you start using peppermint oil as a mouse repellent, there are some supplies you need to gather:
- Peppermint Oil (you can find this at most health food or online stores)
- Cotton Balls
- A bowl or container for mixing
- Spray Bottle (optional)
Step 2: Mix Your Peppermint Oil Solution
Now that you have all your ingredients gathered together let’s mix them up! To create your pee repellent spray,
- Fill the mixing container with water.
- Add 10 drops of peppermint essential oil per cup of water.
- Stir well until everything is combined correctly.
Note: If this concentration doesn’t seem strong enough , add more by increments of 5 drops until desired results are achieved.
• Soak cotton balls thoroughly in pure undiluted form.
• Tuck these soaked cotton balls near popular entrée points around homes like doorways or windows where Signs Of Mouse Activity noticed.
The reason behind using an alernative method than spraying fluids directly onto areas inside homes treated are : ‘
Outright spraying peppermint oil solution on or around mouse prone areas isn’t a decent idea. This method could harm tender surfaces inside homes.
Materials like wallpapers, wooden fittings etc can easily observe residue left behind by the spray causing an oily stain or damage. This is why it’s best to opt for cotton balls soaked in the solution placed strategically within the space.
Step 3: Identify Areas of Entry
Now that you have your minty fresh repellent mixed up and ready to go, it’s time to identify where those sneaky critters are getting into your home.
- Look for any gaps or holes in walls, foundations, windows frames that mice might be using as entry points.
- Check garages , attic windows ,and laundry room spaces too.
- Place Cotton balls at potential entrance barriers – beneath doors & window sills especially.
Note: Remember these are creatures of habit . So once you figure out their favorite spots it will become easy plan accordingly and set lures
Step 4: Place Peppermint Oil Solution Strategically Around Home
Once you’ve identified all possible entry points, it’s essential to place peppermint oil strategically around the vicinity:
• Inside cupboards
• Near Special Mice-attracting zones
(places with frequent food droppings which moisten).
One way is drenching multiple cotton pieces with diluted form of this volatile agent while making sure they remain free from dirt.
The presence of such pungent aroma actively repels rodents away if done right without harming surrounding surfaces even slightly through spillage issues so don’t hold back trying out different safer placements.()
() Even find pest control proffesionals practicing similar techniques spread across several homes .
Step 5: Reapply As Needed & Effective Timing Facts To Keep In Mind!
Now that you know how to use peppermint oil to keep mice away, here’s what you need to consider to make your efforts effective:
• When time for repeat application starts ?. Usually it’s recommended that once when the cotton balls start losing their potency or gets dirty, homeowners should replace them outright with fresh ones .
• Appearance of mouse activity prompts action : Being able to spot fresh droppings within certain spaces around will indicate an established population. This warrants constant refreshening of bowls & sprays placed at points we suspect are targets.
With following above axioms, hopfully mice can be kept out safely all year long!
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Boss the Bro Code: How to be a Big Brother
- How big is one tablespoon?
- Is colgate total toothpaste safe?
- How long do u have for plan b?
- Can you vomit from exhaustion?
- Can i dye my hair while damp?
- Does zyrtec cause dry eyes?
- Is It Healthy To Poop After Every Meal?
- Driving without side mirrors: Is it legal or a risky road move?
- Can salt water dehydrate you?
- What age can you give melatonin?
- What is therapeutic phlebotomy used for?