Some of us are familiar with enemas, but for those who aren’t, it’s much like a bath for your colon. An enema is used to clean out the colon and get rid of any waste hanging around in there that isn’t leaving on its own. People mainly use enemas as a natural way to relieve constipation or cleanse their system.
While they can be effective, using an enema incorrectly can lead to unexpected side effects such as pain or discomfort. It is therefore essential to ensure you know what you’re doing before attempting one.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about safely using an enema so that you too can enjoy the most relaxing experience possible!
Understanding What An Enema Is
If this sounds like something new, don’t worry; an enema is not rocket science! As mentioned earlier, think of it as giving yourself a bath from the inside-out.
The process involves inserting water into your rectum via your anus through the help of either equipment or naturally-occurring methods up until approximately 2-4 quarts are successfully introduced into your lower digestive tract. This helps soften and loosen hardened fecal matter allowing it pass quickly out of your body along with toxins without wasting time within the intestines for extra absorption into blood vessels.
WARNING: Do NOT use just any type water; please DON’T introduce DEHP plastic-infused tap/groundwater directly linked between internal organs by drinking/inhaling (YIPEENIES!!!).
Preparing For Your First Time
It’s crucial first-time users take some necessary precautions beforehand regardless of whether they have allergies/skin sensitivities/disease/all physical limitations…
1) Make sure all supplies such as hot-water bags/bulb syringes/enemeez/miralax/body wash/mug/stool chair/gloves (protective), containers and necessary clothing can be reached effortlessly.
2) Ensure your location (preferably bathroom or environment with a free-flowing drain)has been sanitized according to CDC guidelines(don’t forget door handles).
3) Place towels on the floor if you don’t have a disposable mat nearby.
4) Lube, lube, lubrication. Prepare some petroleum jelly/olive oil/coconut butter/ ky-jelly before starting so that the process doesn’t become unpleasant/painful…
Types Of Enemas You Can Use
The most common types of enemas available are those made up of water but people often prefer using coffee, apple cider vinegar or essential oils instead as they believe it puts them into an even healthier state than just removing toxins: Coffee containing caffeine provides additional antioxidant support while Apple Cider Vinegar balances pH naturally in respect to Yeast levels.
However, we suggest first-time users stick with plain water until they get used to the cleaning-out sensation.
Below is a list of different types of enema treatments:
- Classic Water-Based EnemA
- Mineral Oil Approach
- Soap Sud Rinse Treatment
Classic Water-Based Enema
For classic-type enema solution recipes at home; mix distilled hot(clean preferable!) water within either one teaspoon sea salt-two teaspoons probiotic-Culturelle-VSL #3 chewable Vitamins-to acquire desired strength ratio easily digestible by body standards along low-lactose milk(Hint: keep all measurement tools clear read medical dosage).
NOTE: The Classic type is also ideal for treating constipation issues as well without resorting to injectables like Pharmaceutical colon-clearing drugs.
Mineral Oil Approach
On the other hand,…for mineral oil-based approach solutions(e.g., Vaseline/Liquid Paraffin); hydrate rectal insides via traditional procedures allowing more hardened fecal matter to melt/disappear smoother without side effects (pros/cons discussed in later sections) however this method does take longer cleaning time-wise compared to classic water-based enema treatments.
Soap Sud Rinse Treatment
Lastly, soap sud rinse treatment-based solutions are quite popular amongst people as they are easy and practical to use. Soaps reduce friction during insertion/backwash hence causing little resistance with rectum walls coupled various agents like Epsom salt/honey/coconut oils enhance chances of any underlying issues instantly dissolving.
How To Safely Perform An Enema
Now that you have a basic understanding of the different types of enemas available on the market let’s move on to how you can safely perform an enema yourself:
- Step 1: Assemble all equipment together before beginning
- Step 2: Mix your desired solution using clean/distilled water with necessary supplements.
- Step 3: Take off clothing below waist and lie down flat, upside-down or take up birth position whichever is convenient for you while propping thighs above stomach-area slightly ensuring the procedure doesn’t become inconvenient/painful at any point; also ensure bathroom door remains closed full-time(CDC).
With these steps complete, proceed with caution within relaxing environment given location where overflow drain awaits just in case.
WARNING: Keep lubrication handy throughout entire procedure stages so that unnecessary pain isn’t experienced when inserting applicator.
Once everything is set up correctly it’s always best advised keeping things slow/easy-going by gradually introducing warm diluted water into rectum allowing body sufficient time accepting solution(smooth dilution-ingesting process ought not be rushed through)(restrooms may experience congestion during use).
Always monitor your bowel movements after each separate procedure stage remembering corresponding records whether effective/not since it will assist guide future applications suggested space between should be ideally determined depending upon individual physical condition(e.g., once per week/month/year…etc.).
Once finished, be sure to dispose of all equipment used in a sanitary manner by washing the devices thoroughly with soap water and store them at room temperature; always make sure every device you are going to apply is sterilized for additional safety(feed good inside out!). Whether it’s a classic-type or mineral oil-based approach solutions, remember enemas have their pros and cons but if done correctly you will see beneficial results.
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Does Walking a Dog Naturally File Their Nails? Find Out the Surprising Truth!
- Master the Art of Stir Frying Cauliflower with These Easy Steps
- Studio Headphones Showdown: Unveiling the Best in Class!
- Can a vegetarian be a chef?
- Unlocking the Future: What Are You Studying in College?
- What Are The Dates For Mercury Retrograde In 2019?
- Does fiber make poop float?
- Hydration Halt: Members Mark Purified Water Recall
- Cinnamon: A Delicious Remedy for Heartburn?
- What causes extreme constipation?
- How to put stitches in yourself?
- How long can alcohol be detected in saliva?