How to treat low sperm count caused by infection?
Treatment for low sperm count
- Surgery. For cases involving large varicoceles, blockages, or issues with sperm leaving the body, surgery is an option.
- Medications. Infections in the reproductive tract can be treated with medications. It’s important to treat infections…
- Counseling. Issues with sexual intercourse, including erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation,…
What are the treatments for low sperm count? Treatments for low sperm count include: Surgery. Treating infections. Treatments for sexual intercourse problems. Hormone treatments and medications. Assisted reproductive technology (ART).
Why does a low sperm count cause infertility? The exact reason why varicoceles cause infertility or lower the sperm count is unknown, it can be due to the abnormal testicular temperature regulation. Varicoceles result in the low quality of the sperm. Infection: Some infections can interfere with sperm production which can cause scarring which blocks the passage of sperm.
Can a staph infection cause a low sperm count? The infection slows down sperm production, weakens the sperm themselves, and can even block their passage with scar tissue, making it difficult or impossible to get where they are supposed to go. Staph infection ( Staphylococcus aureus) can also immobilize sperm count.
How can you tell if you have low sperm count? Semen analysis. A low sperm count is diagnosed as part of a semen analysis test. Sperm count is generally determined by examining semen under a microscope to see how many sperm appear within squares on a grid pattern. In some cases, a computer might be used to measure sperm count.
Explore What is the best medicine for low sperm count? The recommended homeopathic medicines for low sperm count are X-Ray, Agnus Castus, Conium, Aurum Met and Rhododendron. X-Ray is a very effective medicine to improve the sperm count when accompanied by general debility, fatigue and low vitality.
What medications cause low sperm count? Prescription drugs as cause of low sperm count or sperm damage. Finasteride (Proscar, Propecia), a medicine used for hair growth and enlarged prostate treatment, can cause low sperm count and fertility problems. Fertil Steril.
What are the common causes of low semen volume?
- Aging. A man’s ejaculation may decrease in force and volume as he ages.
- Alcohol. Drinking alcohol may decrease blood flow to the penis and depress the central nervous system.
- Psychological factors
- Nerve damage.
- Prostate conditions.
- Sexual factors.
What are the common causes of low sperm motility?
- Medical causes. Low sperm count can be caused by a number of health issues and medical treatments.
- Environmental causes. Industrial chemicals.
- Health, lifestyle and other causes. Anabolic steroids taken to stimulate muscle strength and growth can cause the testicles to shrink and sperm production to decrease.