If you’re here, chances are that you’ve chipped your bone and need some serious help. First of all, kudos to you for taking the first step in seeking medical advice instead of playing doctor and making everything worse. However, let’s face it – no one wants to read a dry article on medical treatment options that sounds like it was written by an assembly line robot. Luckily for you, I’m here to provide all the necessary information with an added bonus element of humor. So fasten your seat belts because this is going to be one wild ride.
What Exactly is a Chipped Bone?
Before we delve into how we can treat the issue at hand, let’s take a moment to understand what exactly happened when that God-awful pain shot through your foot while jumping down from the stairs doing three-sixties backwards upside down pretend-shooting bad guys as if your life depended on it (which clearly wasn’t worth it).
A ‘chip’ in medical terms basically means part or small area of bone has been broken off due to pressure or impact. It may also be called avulsion fracture where soft tissue or ligament tears away some part of bone along their attachment site.(Don’t worry too much about the actual definition, just remember our slang version lies somewhere between breaking off a chunk compared smashing something gently.)
Why Treatment Is Necessary?
At times, people tend not take fractures seriously – especially those they have caused themselves which leads us directly into trying ineffective self-treatments — fixing it using duct tape! While gritting one’s teeth seems more manly than moaning out loud but many don’t realize cast singularity hurts less than repeatedly banging foot against wall.(true brute force solution!)
In addition,a chip left untreated can actually increase likelihood septicemia, (infection/sepsis), decreased mobility (no more three-sixties?), and overall longer recovery time – none of which are suitable for anyone and downright terrifying.
First Step to take if you suspect a Chipped Bone
The moment you even have an inkling chipping has occurred, the first step is to try avoiding breaking it further or aggravating the injury any farther. This might be tough since there are several fun things in life that come with increased risk! Quit frolicking around recklessly and handle your feet with care!
More Specifically, here’s what you SHOULD do:
- Stop all activities immediately – this means no matter how close or tempting that ice cream truck may be.
- Avoid walking as much as possible until medical help can be given – we’ll disagree on option ‘let’s just lean on this wall’ right now.
- Keep entire foot elevated using cushions, pillows etc
- Apply ice pack wrapped in towel over area of ache within 48 hours — especially beneficial when combined with consuming aforementioned ice cream.
If pain persists till evening don’t forget to visit your local orthopaedist because watching TV whole day will strain other parts of body too.(Do not wait like Arnold Schwarzenegger would undeniably recommend!)
How Doctors Diagnose It?
As much as one would love being self-sufficient during hard times like these,sometimes doctors are required for precise diagnosis before proper treatment methods can be recommended.The physician begins by taking patient history into account then conducts physical exam followed by imaging techniques such X-ray,MRI scan among others.(Sounds serious does’nt it? Wait..there’s more)
Medical Treatment Options
After the doctor’s examination comes up conclusive information regarding extend of chipping, treatments options vary dependently(if that wasn’t obvious).Let’s take a closer look at some popular methods used:
This method makes use of a cast or brace created to fit exactly on the affected part to ensure immobilization and protect against any further complications.(Braces way more fashionable in case you’re going for Hannibal Lecter chic)
Drugs such as painkillers, anti-inflammatory meds are often prescribed temporally easing discomfort during healing process.
In extreme cases, surgical intervention may be required e.g if bone piece looks out of place requiring an orthopaedic surgeon realigning it back at right place & then using braces/plates/screws etc. making sure problem doesnt reoccur in future.
At-Home Treatment Options Available
At-home remedies work best if bone chip is not severe.Today’s your day –hands up pretending to have won something big with Jazzy music background from random source because we got some funny(do-able) treatments!
- Massage foot gently while keeping elevated,it helps increasing blood circulation lessening inflammation.
- Eat food rich Calcium.Problem=less chance you’ll break bones again; but you could keep tasty foods like salmon,sardines, tofu handy!(this works even when ur not chipped!)
- Physical therapy/stretching exercises – encouraging muscle flexion around affect area promoting overall flexibility without hurting oneself(Admit it-feels good!)
Suggestions here are practical enough,you don’t require blue-footed boobies feather cover or Black Widow venom pack (Think what exciting adventures that would entail!)
Chipping one’s foot can definitely dampen spirits .But as we’ve discovered today,taking quick action(to avoid playing doctor,Fight Sasquatch bare-handed),seek medical aid early can make difference between things gaining better/worse.The widely available treatments options will help bring relief,but always remember happy feet=not just peace,freedomdancing too!
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Master the Art: Public Speaking Basics 101
- Fresh & Funky: Top Teenage Girl Shirt Ideas
- Does red yeast rice affect the liver?
- What is lipo bc pills?
- Tips for Cleaning a Persian Cat’s Eyes: Complete Guide
- The Ultimate Cost Guide: How much does ball joint replacement cost?
- Unlock the Flavors: A Guide on Making Sangria with Red Wine!
- Unveiling Doxxing: Demystifying the Dark Side of Online Privacy
- Am I Sure? Do I Really Love My Boyfriend?
- Is it ok to eat oatmeal if you have diverticulitis?