Feeling acidic lately? Wondering if your body is in balance? Are you too lazy or cheap to buy a kit to test your pH levels? Well, I have some good news for you! You can actually test your body’s acidity using simple and easy methods that don’t require expensive kits. No more scratching your head in confusion, let’s get started!
Why Test Your Body pH?
First things first – why do we even need to test our body’s pH level? Our bodies function optimally when they are slightly alkaline, with a pH range of 7.35-7.45. Any deviations from this balanced state can cause health issues such as fatigue, joint pain, and digestive problems (to name just a few). So it’s always better to be aware of where our bodily fluids stand on the acidity scale.
The Litmus Paper Method
The most popular method used by scientists and doctors worldwide – litmus paper testing is based on the principle that acids turn blue litmus red while bases/alkalis turn red litmus blue.
- Purchase some litmus strips
- Collect saliva sample (place it at least an inch under tongue)
- Dip strip into saliva for about 10 seconds
- Wait for approximately 15 seconds before comparing color change against provided chart which will indicate whether acidic or alkaline
If the paper turns RED – congratulations! You’re acidic.
If it turns BLUE – woo-hoo! You’re alkaline!
If it stays the same color as before, well… that means you failed at something.
Note – The optimal pH level for saliva is between 6.5 – 7.5.
Vinegar & Baking Soda Method
This might take you back to your grade school science class where teachers did experiments with household products nonetheless, works like a charm!
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda into two ounces of water and drink.
- Wait for five minutes then swish some vinegar (apple cider or white)
- Spit onto a white dinner plate or speaking from personal experience, outside in the ground would do fine too
(who wants their spit on their good china?)
- Look out for bubbles forming on top of mixture.
Lots of bubbles – Congratulations! Your body is more acidic than ideally healthy.
Fewer bubbles – Body’s in neutral zone,
No bubbles – Wowzaaa…you guessed it right, your body’s alkaline.
A fun tidbit- If there are fizzing sounds too after mixing the combination that’s just carbon dioxide being released by chemical reaction between base (baking soda) and acid (vinegar).
Beet Juice Test
You can actually measure the exact acidity levels faced by uric acid present in urine using this test but be warned this test could make everything look extra red so please be careful.
1.Purchase fresh beetroot juice from market/shopslike these
2. Drink juice and wait for the natural process to occur
3. Peak in at the color of your pee
If your urine appears darker than usual, odds are you’re acidic.
On the other hand, if it’s more reddish-pink or normal colored – congratulations again! Alkaline.
Note – Beet roots make a wonderful addition to soups and salads so no waste there!
Red Cabbage Test
I know what you’re thinking… aren’t we supposed to eat cabbage? Well jokes on us because they have purplish-blue leaves that contain an indicator called anthocyanin which is sensitive to pH levels.
1.Purchase red cabbage from market/shopslike these
2.Remove 4-6 big leaves from head (organic recommended)
3.Chop up into small pieces
Here comes another test tube moment:
4.Gently boil chopped leaves with water over low heat for 10
minutes then strain out the liquid
5.Leave room temperature before drinking
6.Drink two ounces of resulting tea early morning before any
Normal urination results = Alkaline Urine & Pink-purple/red hues clearly means acidic state all thanks to those anthocyanins pigments reacting chemically.
Who knew saving money could be this fun?! Testing our body’s acidity levels without kits can be entertaining too! Follow these simple pointers and have a better understanding of your body’s pH balance. Always be healthy & well balanced, inside out.
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Choosing the Perfect Rum for Eggnog: A Guide to Finding Your Ideal Blend
- Can you drink mountain dew before colonoscopy?
- Surviving a Clingy Boyfriend: Tips to deal with a clingy boyfriend
- Is ibuprofen 600 mg an anti inflammatory?
- Unleash Your Style with Funny MacBook Stickers
- Unlocking Doors to Success: Your Essential Wassce Certificate Request Guide
- Can u get bunions on your little toe?
- How to heal an eardrum?
- Master, You Were Right About One Thing…
- Does insurance cover balloon weight loss?
- Why is my homemade bread dry? The secret to moist and fluffy loaves revealed!
- Whats the best sleep aid?