As someone who’s constantly dealt with shoulder pain, let me tell you – there’s nothing worse than feeling like you can’t even lift a 5-pound bag of flour without having unbearable discomfort. Well my friends, have no fear because kinesio tape is here! In this guide, we’ll go over all the steps necessary to get you taping up that shoulder like a pro in no time.
What is Kinesiology Tape?
Before we jump into the nitty-gritty of how to apply kinesio tape onto your shoulders, let’s first take a quick look at what exactly it is. Basically, kinesio tape (also referred to as KT tape) is sort of like an adhesive bandage that wraps around and supports your muscles and joints. The cool thing about it though? Unlike traditional athletic tape which tends to restrict movement or cause skin irritation, kinesiology tape allows for greater flexibility and mobility while still providing support.
Why Use Kinesiology Tape on Your Shoulder?
If you’re dealing with an injury in your rotator cuff or just experience regular soreness after lifting weights or holding bags all day long then using kinesiotape might be just what the doctor ordered. When applied properly, this special type of mesh-like material aims to improve blood flow circulation by gently lifting layers of skin – thus reducing inflammation and fast-tracking healing times.
Benefits are Endless!
Using kinsesiology tap could really change your life if:
- You want relief from any form of muscle/joint related issue
- Comparing kt-tape vs sports-tape; kt provides added benefit when dealing with muscle injuries
- You are active
There ya have it! Time for us now delve headfirst into our step-by-step guide:
To start off nicely (and prepared), there are a few things you’ll need before you jump on this bandwagon:
- Kinesiology tape
- Skin cleaner (e.g. rubbing alcohol)
- Cotton pads
You’re also going to want to make sure that the shoulder area in question is clean and dry before starting, so grab some cotton pads and skin cleaner too.
Insert Title Here
Alright, time to get down to business! This guide will walk through two different taping methods depending on where your injury or pain is located; one for the front of your shoulder (“anterior” taping method) and another for the back of it (“posterior” taping method).
Anterior Taping Method
This technique involves using two strips of kinesiology tape – a shorter one placed at slightly below clavicle bone level around towards coracoid process across front side deltoids along with longer piece wrapped underarm over top inserting from behind but ending near first piece. Let’s break that down into easy-to-follow steps:
- To start off clean up the entire area around your FRONT shoulder beginning mid-arm all way proceeding towards chest by gently applying alcohol with cotton wipes.
- Now holding dispenser end look out for gummy ridges running horizontally above actual tapespread them apart until around two inches prior cutting the short strip.
- Take prepared scissors slice evenly in half forming equal pieces then removing adhesive backing keeping keep ends non-sticky align lower border figurehead height right atop edge armpit scale ensure both stay horizontal curling tight corner done farthest sideways place variety over what seems like tiny bone touching collarbone grasping feel something hard sticking out thereThat’s coracoid process!
- With fingers press firmly onto end inner middle section though try not stretch material reach arm pulling length halfway amount directly opposite armpit repeating procedure other-
5.This technique should allow any part of front shoulder without being disturbed.
Posterior Taping Method
On contrary posterior method follows the same basic process except in reverse. Namely, one long strip is applied over to upper back and then two narrower strips beneath it until they cross midway down spine because this region faces more friction loss in support during physical activity.
- At start we must clean up BACK side of our shoulder blade dipping some rubbing alcohol onto cotton pad followed by wiping gently towards bicep just above triceps
- Pinch tape end then hold dispenser rolling tape parting distinctive horizontal stripes; use scissors slice half size needed peeling backward off backing.
- Make sure stretch skin area enclosing target while setting aside outer material begin with middle sticking about 25% before contact point steadily continue following along at waist height
4.Come around till meet opposite armpit corner.
5.Never let too much slack between hand-object placement even to chance- simply keep stretching beyond initial guideline point inserting wherever necessary stop when band would typically run out close heavy breaths finally assessing security efficacy irritation i.e put an emphasis on low-tension stance within first three seconds having noticed problem will be easier readjust individually or wholly exiting situations returning previous steps proceed from there after deciding what fixes could help maintenance preceding effort attempting completing it.
Just a few extra things you may want to consider doing:
- Shave any hairy areas before applying kinesio tape – it’ll save both your skin and your patience!
- Avoid positioning a taping bump ratio wise leaving softer shock absorption felt directly upon bone for relaxed pressure points gathering wound protection tying higher would mean increased tension rates giving additional space flow as movement thick fibers come together fraying into precise, supportive knotting sequence future painless usage!
With these pointers, and our 2 tried and tested application procedures outlined above (trust us, many people have been saved from nagging injuries thanks to KT Tape), let nothing hold you back from greatness – go tape that shoulder up and get moving again!
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- The Ultimate Guide: How Much to Get Car Vinyl Wrapped?
- Can you use bactrim for a tooth infection?
- Who looks good in yellow?
- Transform Your Table: Mastering the Art of Sanding and Staining
- Carpe Diem: Inspiring ‘Don’t Let Life Pass You By Quotes’
- What causes foul smelling bowel movements?
- Does strep make you lose your voice?
- Is tylenol made in the usa?
- What are the side effects of tussin dm?
- Why do my toes turn purple?
- Twenty-Something Wisdom: Advice from a Millennial Maven