How to take temozolomide?
How is this medicine (Temozolomide Capsules) best taken?
- Take this medicine (temozolomide capsules) at the same time of day.
- Take with or without food but take the same way each time. Always take with food or always take on an empty stomach.
- Taking this medicine (temozolomide capsules) on an empty stomach may help prevent upset stomach. It may also help to take this medicine (temozolomide capsules) at bedtime. Talk with the doctor.
- Other drugs may be given with this medicine (temozolomide capsules) to help avoid side effects.
- Take with a full glass of water.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew, open, or crush.
- Keep taking this medicine (temozolomide capsules) as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- The dose you get may be made up of 2 or more different strengths and colors of capsules.
- If you throw up after taking this medicine (temozolomide capsules), do not repeat the dose.
- You will need to take special care when handling this medicine (temozolomide capsules). Check with the doctor or pharmacist to see how to handle this medicine (temozolomide capsules).
- Wear gloves when touching this medicine (temozolomide capsules).
- If the capsule is opened or broken, do not touch the contents. If the contents are touched or they get in the eyes, wash hands or eyes right away.
When to take temozolomide before or after a meal? You should not eat anything for 2 hours before, or 1 hour after, taking the capsules. They must be swallowed whole with a glass of water. They should not be chewed, opened or crushed. Take the capsules at the same time every day.
How often should you take temozolomide after radiotherapy? Take the temozolomide capsules each day during this time. It is best to take them at the same time each day. After radiotherapy or if you have a brain tumour that has come back. You might have temozolomide as a course of cycles of treatment. You take the temozolomide capsules for 5 days every 4 weeks.
Are there any side effects to taking temozolomide? Temozolomide may increase the risk that you will develop other cancers. Talk to your doctor about the risks of taking temozolomide. Temozolomide may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.
How is temozolomide used to treat brain cancer? Temozolomide is used to treat certain types of brain tumors. Temozolomide is in a class of medications called alkylating agents. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells in your body. How should this medicine be used? Temozolomide comes as a capsule to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day in the evening at bedtime.
When is the best time to take temozolomide?
When is the best time to take temozolomide? It is usually taken once a day in the evening at bedtime. Take temozolomide capsules on an empty stomach with a glass of water. Take temozolomide at around the same time every day.
What to do if you vomit after taking temozolomide? If the capsule contents do touch your skin, wash the area well with water right away. Swallow the capsules whole; do not empty, chew, or crush them. You may vomit after you take the medication. If this happens, let your doctor know right away. Do not take another dose of temozolomide on the same day.
When to take Tylenol before or after food? Tablets should not be chewed due to unpleasant taste. Take tablets on an empty stomach, at least half an hour before, or 2 hours after, food. This medicine is absorbed best if taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before, or 2 hours after, food. However, it may be taken with food if needed.
What happens to your body when you take temozolomide? This treatment can cause constipation. Constipation means that you are not able to pass stools (poo) as often as you normally do. It can become difficult or painful. Here are some tips that may help: