How to put on a condom?
If you’re looking for instructions on how to put on a condom, look no further. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, this article is here to help ensure that your next sexual encounter is both safe and enjoyable (no awkward mishaps please!). So grab yourself some protection, and let’s get started!
Before We Begin
First things first – before we jump into the nitty gritty of how to properly use a condom, it’s important to take some time to debunk (myths) surrounding them.
Myth 1: Condoms kill the mood
Let’s be real – there’s nothing sexy about contracting an STI or getting pregnant when you’re not ready for it. Using condoms can actually help take away the anxiety that comes with unprotected sex and allow you to fully enjoy your experience.
Myth 2: One size fits all
Condoms come in different sizes and styles! Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types until you find one that feels comfortable for YOU.
Myth 3: Only men should carry condoms
Ladies (and anyone else really), if you have the chance of having sex then keep some condoms stashed in your bag too! It’s always good practice as they say “it takes two”.
By now hopefully I’ve convinced (or reminded) you why using a condom during sex should be an absolute must even if other birth control methods are already involved; but remember–no method offers complete protection against STIs so whenever possible try avoid putting penis inside any part of another person i.e mouth/vagina/etc.)
With that said, let’s move onto what everyone came here for!
Step By Step Instructions
Follow these simple steps outlined below:
- Check expiration date
Every package has its best-before date.
2 . Open the condom packet
Tear it on the perforated edge to avoid damaging the condom inside.
- Check orientation
- Make sure that you are holding the correct end of the condom in your hand as the wrong orientation can lead to a less effective usage.
Roll it down correctly
- Be gentle! You don’t want any sort of tears or holes here, this will reduce their effectiveness leading to sad faces if used wrongly.
Leave room at tip
- Do not forget to squeeze and leave some space about half an inch at top; trapped air for example may cause breakages especially during sex– we wouldn’t want that now would we?
- This recommended during sexual experience but do make sure they’re condoms safe!
7 . After use, remove safely from body
Avoid spilling anything out when trying remove because well its pretty gross like imagine cleaning up semen off bed sheets with Clorox? Tossing them into trash bin is easiest and safest option to dispose
Additional Tips & Tricks
- Store condoms at room temperature i.e., away from hot environments say car dashboard or direct sunlight (Heat expands latex item which eventually breakdown)
- Do not reuse old condoms (I mean seriously who even considers doing so…)
- Using oil based products around/when applying condom can increase likelihood of breakages..
## Final Thoughts
Now that you know how simple it can be, I hope this guide has been helpful towards improving (or refreshing!) your knowledge on properly using a contraceptive method vital towards good health hygiene while staying protected in art of sensitive intimacy — Nothing should interrupt such blissful moments!
So go ahead, stay safe and have fun.(Just)
Remember: Never compromise safety
This concludes our article on how to put on a condom – thanks for reading!