Ready for some laughs and serious bronchio-prevention advice? Then keep reading because we’ve got you covered!
What is Bronchiolitis?
Don’t know what bronchiolitis is? Don’t worry, neither did most of us. But it’s good to know the basics so that we can prevent it from happening. According to long medical term definition, bronchiolitis is an acute viral infection that affects young children, particularly infants under 12 months old. It’s caused by respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) or another virus similar in nature.
Symptoms of Bronchiolitis
We don’t want you stressing out over nothing, but here are the symptoms for this minuscule word with a much larger than life impact so that you’ll be able to recognize it early on:
- Dry cough
- Rapid breathing or shortness of breath
- Wheezing sound when the child exhales
- Difficulty feeding due to breathing problems
- Sleepiness or lethargy
If your child shows any combination of these symptoms, they might have caught the dreaded ‘b’ illness which catches all mothers unawares.
Bronchio-prevention time! Here are some tips on how parents/ guardians/ caregivers can reduce their children’s risk of developing bronchiolitis:
Keep Germs at Bay through Hand Washings and Disinfections!
Unfortunately there isn’t such a thing as “Too many hand washes,” especially during ‘Rona season where one must also sanitize after touching anything used outside!
Reduce Exposure During Cold Season
Rainy seasons aren’t just meant for hearty soups and hot cocoa anymore if they ever were because nowadays its important more than ever stay wary about catching something no amount food can cure.
Stay vigilant outside especially around people who display cold-like symptoms à la runny nose, coughing and sneezing; avoid crowded places where multiple people will be exhaling particles.
Breastfeed you say? Yes from someone who doesn’t even have the glands to produce much of anything if at all, breastfeeding comes a long way in preventing bronchiolitis due to the additional antibodies present which can help decrease their chances hopefully!
This one’s not rocket science! It’s important for friends, family members or caregivers NOT TO SMOKE around infants and young children. Inhaling stale smoke(ambulate inhalation?) aka passive smoking puts them at risk of developing respiratory infections like bronchiolitis.
Keep Children Away From Sick People
Keep your child away from anyone who is showing signs of sickness including that over-smiling friend who never quite discloses the fact that they recently recovered (or struggling) from lung-based issues cause you never know what could happen when she pecks your kid goodbye with a wet mouth.
Prevention Techniques When Caring For A Child With Bronchiolitis
While caring for toddlers/children exhibiting symptoms similar to those dodgy flu types listed above it still falls on us adults:
- Isolate – Transfer sick kids into an isolated section of your house meaning disinfection must commence before moving out because we don’t want grandma coming over any time soon.
- Stay Alert– The severity scale varies widely across different ages thus careful attention should be paid to gauge progression as this complicates matters further.
- Make Them Comfortable – Make sure that they’re well fed and hydrated while vaccines are being administered early onset.
With these tricks up your sleeve (and undoubtedly some disinfectant gel too), you now stand a better chance holding off on this pesky viruses plaguing kids under twelve months old so everyday good luck soldier mommies and caretakers.
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Is dabbing illegal in the us?
- How long does an ibs episode last?
- How do you get rid of boils on your skin?
- Infant Expenses on Carnival Cruise: What You Need to Know!
- What Kind of Battery Does a Nissan Key Fob Take? The Ultimate Guide
- Does tea have vitamin k?
- When do hydrangeas leaf out? Discover the enchanting emergence of their foliage!
- Unveiling the Largest Flat Screen TV: How Big is the Biggest?
- What is keto elevate?
- How Long It Takes To Digest Steak?
- What Is Violent Masculinity?