How to make olive leaf extract without alcohol?
If you’re looking for a way to enjoy the health benefits of olive leaf extract without having to worry about consuming alcohol, then look no further! In this article, we’ll be sharing an easy and effective method for making your own olive leaf extract at home – sans alcohol.
The Benefits of Olive Leaf Extract
Before diving into the nitty-gritty of how to make our very own alcohol-free olive leaf extract, let’s take a moment to appreciate just how amazing this stuff really is. Here are some of the benefits that come with incorporating it into our lives:
Boosts immune system
Olive leaves contain potent compounds that help support our immune system by fighting off free radicals and reducing inflammation. This can lead to increased resistance against infections while also promoting overall health and well-being.
Aids in Cardiovascular Health
The polyphenols found in olive leaves work wonders on heart health by helping lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. They also provide anti-inflammatory effects along with relaxed arteries resulting in reduced cardiovascular risks.
Olive leaf extracts have been used since many years owing its antibiotic properties which aims towards targeted bacteria, leaving other body’s essential microflora balanced.
What You Will Need For Making Alcohol-Free Olive Leaf Extract?
Now that we’ve established why someone might want or need an alcohol-free version, let’s take a brief look at what ingredients will be required below:
- Fresh or dried olive leaves
- Large pot
- Distilled water or filtered water
- Strainer / cheesecloth
- Glass Jar / bottles
Step-by-step Guide on Making Your Own Olive Leaf Extract Without Alcohol
1) Preparing the Leaves: Choose fresh medium-sized olives leaved from healthy plants if possible instead dried ones as drying tends reducing certain beneficial constituents. Wash thoroughly under cold running water immerse them instantly in 2 cups of boiling water. Pot should have enough space to accommodate leaves and water altogether.
2) Boiling Water: Bring the pot with olive leaves as well as boiling water covered until it reaches boiling point. Reduce temperature setting keeping lid ajar to make steam dissipate easily for 60 minutes.
3) Storing & Cooling: Once done, remove your pot from the stove and allow its contents to cool down at room’s temperature allowing all flavors diffuse into the fluid mixture . Next, strain out any solids by filtering liquid through a strainer or cheesecloth into glass container often tends leading removing additional residue.
4) Done!: Herbs can be extracted even more if straining does not help much add second fresh batch of herbs repeating multiple times till it extracts more concentrated goodness maintaining taste accordingly.
And voila – you’ve now made your very own non-alcoholic olive leaf extract! Store in refrigerator.
Tip: Extract twice daily before meals aiming towards roughly less than half an ounce (15 mL)
Whether you’re looking for an alternative way to consume Olive Leaf Extract without alcohol, or simply want to control every aspect of what goes inside your body, making this non-alcoholic version is both easy and effective.If followed correctly ,it may become beneficial providing needed health boost not compromising one’s alcoholic preferences .
Note : The above references are only extra information which attracted me while writing on this topic.