Mosquitoes can be an absolute pest, and peskier still are products laden with synthetic chemicals that promise relief but leave you feeling less than fresh. Fear not! We have the ultimate solution – a natural mosquito spray made from your garden’s herb patches. You’ll be surprised to know that it’s super easy to make and won’t break the bank either.
First things first: we need a few ingredients for our homemade citronella mosquito spray:
- Citronella Essential Oil – 20 drops
- Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil – 10 drops
- Glycerin/Vodka – One tablespoon
- Two teaspoons of Witch Hazel Extract (optional)
- Distilled Water – Four ounces
Here’s how to prep your own batch of mosquito repellent sprays:
- Find yourself a glass bottle with a spray lid and sterilize it completely.
- Pour in two tablespoons of vodka or glycerin depending on what you prefer.
- Add twenty drops of citronella essential oil.
- Next, add ten drops of lemon eucalyptus oil.(These two oils give off strong scents that will help eradicate mosquitoes).
5.If preferred, add in 2 tsp witch hazel extract which is known for its soothing properties on irritated skin (ahem caused by scratching those annoying bites)
6.Finally pour in four ounces(120ml)of distilled water into which all other ingredients have been mixed together.
7.Plug in atop the nozzle/spray head firmly so as to prevent leakage (no one likes having scent leakages!) then shake generously before using each time.
With this recipe at hand, let me enlist some more tips and tricks so even beginners can go ahead fearlessly:
Tips & Tricks
Anoint Yourself with Smells
We all know the drill – cover yourself in mosquito repellent to avoid bites. But what of those who want to bypass chemical products? Why not try applying regular essential oils directly onto your pulse points? Fragrances such as Lavender, Rosemary and Peppermint have been seen to repel mosquitoes too!
Don’t Pour Too Much Essential Oil In Your Mixtures
Even though we love the fragrance natural essentials bring, adding too much is never a good idea- it can cause skin irritation or allergy symptoms which I’m sure no one looking for any extra post-bite discomfort wants.The recommended quantity (20 drops of citronella oil) should do the trick,but if you wish for stronger scent, feel free go overboard but watch out!
For anyone having sensibilities towards new scents or sensitive skin issues like eczema,a patch test on wrists may come in handy before using this DIY recipe.Remember prevention is always better than cure.
Keep The Spray Away from Children’s Reach
As much as possible keep repellents^1 away from children.Measures need be taken such that only supervised adults handle this. Overuse could result in allergies and other mishaps.Use responsibly.
Conclusion: Mozzies Bites Be Gone!
It’s time to say goodbye to sweaty days with reddish bumps that make us itch incessantly.Hop onto natural alternatives that embrace herbs & nature more readily.With our homemade mosquito spray concoction,you’ll get an unassuming but highly effective recipe’cause there’s nothing we value more than comfortable outdoor experiences devoid of mozzie disturbances.So take charge,and go forth against these pesky insects with grace!(If not grudgingly.)
 Note: We are talking about home-made sprays here,different sprays available commercially will vary accordingly so always follow instructions given by the manufacturer.
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Lost in Thought: Trapped in My Own Mind
- Quotes to Snap Out of Self Criticism
- What is a good substitute for tylenol?
- Master the Art of Keeping Flowers Alive for a Long Time
- Wrap Up in Style: How to Wear a Robe Like a Pro
- Love is falling?
- Why does my wrist hurt and pop?
- When is the perfect time to buy mums? Discover the floral scoop!
- How Long is a 2lb Loaf Tin? Find out the Perfect Size for Delicious Baking!
- How to Pair Grey and Copper: Discover the Perfect Colour Combinations!
- Craving Crab Legs? Discover How Long it Takes to Cook Them!
- What Is Royal Jelly In Honey?