Are you feeling under the weather lately? Do you feel like someone has been jabbing your lower back with a red-hot poker repeatedly? Does peeing make you want to scream in agony? These are just some of the signs that could indicate that you might have a kidney infection.
Before we go any further, let’s define a few things. A kidney infection is an unpleasant condition where bacteria infects one or both kidneys. Without proper treatment, it can lead to severe complications and even become life-threatening! So please keep reading as we explore everything there is to know about how to spot this nasty little bugger!
The Symptoms Are Hard To Ignore
We’ll start by listing down some of the most common symptoms associated with having a kidney infection:
- Painful urination
- Urgent/frequent need for urination
- Lower back pain (usually on one side)
- Cloudy/foul-smelling urine
- Blood in urine
If you check off more than two items from this list during your self-assessment, then congratulations – you might be developing an infection in one or both kidneys! But wait – don’t panic yet! There are still plenty of things you can do before seeking professional medical attention.
Time for Some Detective Work
Whether it’s out of fear or shame, many people choose not to seek help when they think something is wrong with their body. However, when it comes to kidney infections, delaying treatment is never good news. By taking swift action at the first sign of trouble, here are some detective steps take:
Check Your Temperature:
Do you have feverish sweats like those seen in sci-fi movies set on Planet Vulcan? (Yes/No). If its ‘yes,’ grab yourself one thermometer & get digital already because monitoring your temperature can give you a good clue on whether the infection is taking a bad turn or not.
Can You Hear Me Now?
No, we’re not talking about some annoying tech support who put you on hold for half an hour. We’re referring to your tummy! Are you experiencing rumbling sounds accompanied by waves of nausea? Yeah, that’s right – digestive disturbances come part and parcel with kidney infections!
What NOT to Do When You Suspect a Kidney Infection
Now that you know what kind of symptoms to look out for in case of a kidney infection emergency let’s talk about things that could make it worse:
- Don’t drink alcohol: It only takes one glass of wine with dinner to upset an already-sensitive bladder.
- Avoid vigorous exercise: Some activities may trigger more symptoms like pain and blood urine (like jumping jacks or trampoline bouncing). Stick with gentle workouts like yoga instead.
- Limit Your Caffeine Intake: Caffeinated drinks or foods such as tea, coffee can irritate the lining of your bladder further.
When Should I See My Healthcare Provider?
If things don’t seem normal down under even after 2 days or so; seeing your physician would be highly recommended. However here is short list for when medical attention should be considered mandatory;
- Severe high-grade fever
- Blood in Urine
- Worsening Pain
So if any one (or all) of these occur mentioned above, Grab yourself an Uber/Lyft/Train and head over straightaway! That’s also probably where tests will need to take place so don’t forget to bring bottled water & patience.
In conclusion, detecting having a kidney infection isn’t hard once signs start showing up but stopping it from getting severe is crucial along with seeking professional guidance at the first sign of trouble. So next time someone tells you they wake up every hour to pee – you know what’s up! Give them some self-care tips because you just became an infection expert, congratulations my friendly little detective.
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Discovering Reality: Is Find Dream Jobs Real?
- Delicious Pairings: What to Serve with Bruschetta Chicken?
- How rare is conversion disorder?
- What is almond butter made of?
- Bye Bye Lice: Can Alcohol Kill Those Pesky Critters?
- How long before ritalin works in adults?
- Push it to Real Good: 10 Things You Can Push for a Stronger You
- Who Is The Princess?
- How many incense sticks to burn for money?
- Embrace the Chaos: Let Girls Be Girls
- From Page Turners to Eco Warriors: Can Books be Recycled?