Pregnancy can be a wonderful experience, but for some women, it’s not always what they want. Sometimes life throws curveballs in the way of an unplanned pregnancy or difficult situations that make continuing with the pregnancy unfeasible. While abortion is one option available, there are cases when miscarriages aren’t guaranteed due to legal reasons or ethical considerations. In such scenarios, some women may wonder how to have a stillborn baby?
If you’re reading this and finding yourself relating to these sentiments then look no further! This article will provide you with all the nitty-gritty details that entail bringing an end to your pregnancy through stillbirth.
First Step: Understanding What A Stillbirth Is
A stillbirth occurs when a fetus dies before birth after twenty weeks of gestation.(1) But why opt for voluntary instead of natural delivery? Here are some reasons:
- Natural delivery is unpredictable.
- The process of delivering vaginally could be long lasting.
- The fetus might not die during childbirth resulting in having it born alive.
Second Step: Taking Control Of Your Pregnancy
Now that you’ve opted for terminating your pregnancy via induced stillbirth; here’s how you go about taking control.
Go Off Prenatal Medications
Since prenatal medications typically protect and improve fetal growth (2) thereby increasing chances of survival until birth. Stop taking them so as not to prolong its life even after making up your mind on termination.
Practice Poor Eating Habits
Your fetus needs nutrients from healthy meals just like any living creature. So by depriving it nutrients makes sure it doesn’t grow at its required pace ultimately leading to death before delivering.(3)
Here are poor meal choices:
– Fried food high in sodium or sugar levels
– Junk foods overloaded with carbohydrates
– Uncooked fish or meat
Harming yourself causes trauma or shock to the fetus leading to its death. The following are a few ways you could do it:
- Punching your stomach using excessive force daily until vibratory amniotic fluid occurs.
- Engage in strenuous exercise, damaging organs near the uterus e.g., jumping down a flight of stairs.
- Intentionally explore toxicity with dangerous products.
Third Step: Keep A Low Profile
While stillbirth is sensitive and would raise many societal red flags when exposed, keeping it discreet requires strategic planning.
Choose an off-the-grid site for delivery like home births or remote vacation areas where irresponsible negligence potentially caused infant demise (4).
Avoid regular checkups usually ordered by doctors as this will arise suspicion towards any abnormal changes your fetus experiences while approaching full term (5). It’s best to wait until at least 28 weeks before delivering when there’s more likelihood of fetal movements being regulated entirely through cervical contractions.
Fourth Step: Inducing Labor
Inducing labor refers to accelerating childbirth artificially; since inducing labour during optimal conditions ensures no chance of life recapturing moments in emergency rooms nowadays loaded with advanced treatments skills that might aid its survival.(6) Here’s how you go about accomplishing it:
- Preferred Method
- Misoprostol inserted into your vagina then leaving it after several hours.
- Oral medication Mifepristone administered orally then followed up after two days rectal administration Misoprostol insertions into vagina followed again later by ergometrine injection.
- Traditional Methods:
- Castor oil mixed in food over three consecutive nights made sure gets things moving fast enough for coming out on his / her own terms which ultimately result in their Passing away
- Taking various dosages methotrexate
Fifth Step: Coping With Your Stillbirth Experience
Emotional support after losing your pregnancy is crucial, here are some recommended ways to get help:
- Online Support Groups: This platform offers a safe haven for women who have lost pregnancies before or during birth. They provide opportunities for you to connect with the same experience and share their stories.
- One-On-One Sessions With Therapists: Professional therapy gives you individualized attention as they take you through every stage of grieving-related to the loss of your baby.
The process involved in inducing stillbirth might sound strenuous and disheartening, especially if this option results from dire circumstances. Hopefully, this article has given you all the necessary information needed in meticulous steps while supporting survival at bay until it’s ready to arrival through appropriate channels designed care for infants’ welling-being post-incubation(7)
- National Health Service (NHS) “Stillbirth” https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stillbirth/
2.”Prospective observational study on prenatal multivitamin supplementation effects on fetal growth”,Clinics vol.67 no.6 São Paulo 2012 Epub Dec 17, 2012http://dx.doi.org/10.6061/clinics/2012(06)05
3.”Effects of maternal malnutrition during pregnancy”, http://0-search.ebscohost.com.lib.utep.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=73866346&site=ehost-live(Samples)
4.March of Dimes Foundation,”Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)”https://www.marchofdimes.org/baby/sudden-infant-death-syndrome-sids.aspx
5.American Pregnancy Association”34 Weeks Pregnant – What You Need To Know” http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-weeks/34-weeks-pregnant/
6.American Pregnancy Association “Inducing Labor” http://americanpregnancy.org/labor-and-birth/induction-of-labor/
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists “Postpartum Care Anticipatory Guidance”, February 2019, https://www.acog.org/womens-health/faqs/postpartum-care-anticipatory-guidance-for-ob-gyns
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- What Does My Moon Sign Mean?
- Can i take benadryl with an antibiotic?
- How do you treat a popped burn blister?
- Can methotrexate cause brain fog?
- How long does dental anesthesia take to work?
- Home Comfort Made Easy: Discover Experts Who Install Garage Heaters Near Me!
- Bye-Bye Bugs: Does Pine-Sol Keep Them Out?
- 2 Simple Ways to Avoid Ice Dams on Roof
- What is horsetail equisetum arvense?
- What can i do for bronchitis cough?