Are you tired of damaging your hair with bleach, but still want that ash blonde look? Fear not my friend, here are some tips and tricks for getting the perfect shade of blonde without bleaching.
1. Understanding Your Hair
Before diving headfirst into the world of ash blonde hair color, it’s important to understand a few things about your natural hair color. The first step in achieving this look is determining what your starting point is.
Fun Fact: Did you know that natural blondes make up only 2% of the world’s population?
If you have very dark brown or black hair, then trying to go full-on ash blonde might be quite difficult if not impossible without lightening first; on the other hand, if you have naturally lighter-toned hair like strawberry-blonde or mousey brown then this could be easier! Everyone’s different – so remember these top tips when tackling colour change at home:
- Don’t attempt any drastic changes unless there has been an extensive consultation with a professional.
- When picking out a box dye from the drugstore or supermarket (because we all do) always consider your existing hue as well as skin tone because they can affect final results!
2. Start with highlights and lowlights
One way to achieve an ashier look without lightning too much is by adding in some darker tones along with lighter ones using highlights and lowlights.
You can achieve this through either balayage techniques where darker shades are applied throughout lighter areas helping give dimensionality overall rather than just one flat colour which could read unnatural/brassy combos – ‘ew’. Alternatively selecting products specifically marketed as toner kit can help alter pigments towards blonder spectrum achieving more controlled result often avoiding yellow undertones.
- This process involves investing ^a bit^ [more money] $$ to get expertly applied bleach/highlights/lowlights that are blended for most natural effect. Home attempts more likely result in a costly trip to the Salon – be wise.
- Do research beforehand whether or not change requires stripping pre-existing colour because if so then you probably really do want expert assistance and it’s worth the extra $$ investment.
3. Choose The Right Products
Choosing the right products is crucial when trying to achieve an ash blonde hair color without bleaching.
Some of my favourite toning shampoos include:
- Amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo for all-over toning
- Joico Color Balance Purple Shampoo for counteracting yellow/brassy tones
- Celeb Luxury Viral Extreme Silver Colorwash (a personal fave)
Disclaimer: Read up about any chemicals i.e: sulphates, or added conditioners which may actually cause build-up & strip rather than enhance intended tone #notgood
It’s also essential to invest in hydrating hair care like leave-in treatments once-a-week deep conditioning mask! Healthy hair = happy life Ladies/Gentz!
4. Consider Going Silver-Toned Ash Instead
Another way of achieving the perfect ash blonde look is by switching up your goals and aiming instead for ‘silver-toned’ hues.
Fun Fact: Not only will silver make you look bold and unique but wildly acclaimed pop icon Cher has been rocking this shade since THE SEVENTIES!!
This method might require some lightening from traditional dyes again still saves potential damage from bleaching techniques required within pure blondes range. Pastel shades have some hard-core fans that swear it looks just as good whilst being gentler on their locks overall too!
Whichever way you choose, ensure suitable time commitment between seeing professional advice, at home experimentation before expectation match desired results ! Patience grasshoppers!
If none of these methods work out, sit tight; there’s always wigs ya know!
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- What does vitamins b12 do?
- Unlocking the Mysteries: What is Bing in Windows 8?
- How To Impress A Lady Boss?
- Does Lip Balm Make Lips Pink?
- Can you fast during menstruation?
- Fishing for Gains: Boost Your Weight Lifting with Fish Oil
- Can you take cialis with high blood pressure medicine?
- Discover Mexico’s Dia de los Muertos: Unveiling the Celebration Date!
- How to properly use nasal saline spray?
- How to change a bard catheter bag?
- What happens if you drink lead in water?