Letairis is a prescription medicine that is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. This condition is a type of high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of the heart. Letairis works by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs, which allows for improved blood flow and helps to reduce the symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension. In this article, we will take a closer look at how much Letairis costs.
What Is Letairis?
As mentioned above, Letairis is a medication used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. It is taken in tablet form and is available in different strengths, including 5 mg and 10 mg. Letairis is typically taken once a day, with or without food. It is important to take Letairis exactly as prescribed by your doctor, as this will help to ensure that you get the best possible results from the medication.
How Does Letairis Work?
Letairis works by blocking the action of a substance in the body called endothelin. This substance causes the blood vessels in the lungs to constrict, which can lead to pulmonary arterial hypertension. By blocking the action of endothelin, Letairis helps to relax the blood vessels in the lungs and improve blood flow, which reduces the symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
How Much Does Letairis Cost?
The cost of Letairis can vary depending on a number of factors, including the strength of the medication and the pharmacy where you purchase it. According to GoodRx, the average retail price of Letairis is around $1,850 for 60 tablets (each tablet is 5 mg).
However, there are ways to save money on the cost of Letairis. One option is to use a coupon or discount card, such as the Letairis Co-pay Card. This card can be used to reduce the out-of-pocket cost of Letairis to as little as $0, depending on eligibility. Patients can also check with their insurance provider to see if Letairis is covered by their plan.
Is Letairis Covered by Insurance?
Many insurance plans do cover the cost of Letairis, but coverage can vary depending on the plan. Patients should check with their insurance provider to see if Letairis is covered under their plan and to what extent.
Are There Any Generic Versions of Letairis?
As of this writing, there is no generic version of Letairis available in the United States. However, this may change in the future as the patents on Letairis expire.
How to Take Letairis
If your doctor has prescribed Letairis for you, it is important to take it exactly as directed. Here are some tips for taking Letairis:
- Take Letairis once a day, at the same time each day.
- Take Letairis with or without food.
- Swallow the tablet whole, do not crush or chew it.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosing schedule. Do not double your dose to make up for a missed one.
Side Effects of Letairis
Like all medications, Letairis can cause side effects in some people. Some of the most common side effects of Letairis include:
- Swelling in the legs, ankles, or feet
- Abdominal pain
If you experience any of these side effects while taking Letairis, you should talk to your doctor. In some cases, your doctor may need to adjust your dosage or prescribe a different medication.
Who Should Not Take Letairis?
Letairis is not suitable for everyone. You should not take Letairis if:
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- You have severe liver problems
- You are taking certain medications, such as cyclosporine or rifampin
- You have a known allergic reaction to Letairis or any of its ingredients
It is important to talk to your doctor about your medical history and any medications you are currently taking before starting treatment with Letairis.
Letairis is a medication used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. The cost of Letairis can vary depending on a number of factors, but there are ways to save money on the medication, such as using a coupon or discount card. Letairis can cause side effects in some people, and it is important to talk to your doctor about any medical conditions you have and any medications you are currently taking before starting treatment with Letairis.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I take Letairis if I am pregnant?
No, Letairis is not safe to take during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, you should talk to your doctor about alternative treatment options.
- How long does it take for Letairis to work?
Letairis can take several weeks to start working. It is important to continue taking Letairis as directed by your doctor, even if you do not notice an immediate improvement in your symptoms.
- Can Letairis be taken with other medications?
It is possible to take Letairis with other medications, but it is important to talk to your doctor about any medications you are currently taking before starting treatment with Letairis. Your doctor can help you determine if Letairis is safe to take with your current medications.
- What should I do if I miss a dose of Letairis?
If you miss a dose of Letairis, take it as soon as you remember. If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosing schedule. Do not double your dose to make up for a missed one.
- Are there any long-term side effects of taking Letairis?
Long-term use of Letairis can increase the risk of liver problems. Your doctor will monitor your liver function while you are taking Letairis to help prevent this potential side effect.
1. Letairis Prescribing Information. Accessed June 10, 2021. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/022426s012lbl.pdf
2. Letairis Co-pay Card. Accessed June 10, 2021. https://www.letairisrems.com/shared-process/-/letairis-rems/my-copay-program
3. Letairis Prices and Coupons. GoodRx. Accessed June 10, 2021. https://www.goodrx.com/letairis