Congrats on your new bundle of joy! It’s time to learn about feeding that little munchkin, but let’s make it fun.
What Does a One-Month-Old Eat Anyway?
Babies are like tiny black holes, they just want to suck everything in sight. In the beginning, you’re going to find yourself feeding them every 2-3 hours, or basically anytime they cry.
Here are a few things you should know:
- A one-month-old baby is typically consuming anywhere from 4-5 ounces of breastmilk at each feed.
- Each feed should be spaced out accordingly throughout the day and night totaling around 8-12 feeds per day.
- Cue-based nursing simply means always offering breastmilk when baby shows hunger cues such as rooting around looking for something delicious (aka boobies)!
You might feel like your baby is attached at the hip with you during this stage – and that’s because they kind of are.
Cluster Feeding: The ACTUAL Reason Your Baby Wants To Be Held All Night Long
Ever notice how babies will want to feed non-stop in shorter intervals throughout the evening? That my friend, would be cluster feeding! While it may seem strange, what your wee one is doing is trying their darndest to prime mama’s milk flow so they can get ahead on nutrient consumption before sleeping through longer stretches of time later in the night.
Clustered feedings typically occur between evening and early morning hours which could result in some long nights for mom. But don’t worry – grab snacks/movies/podcasts/books…maybe even all four!
When Will My Life Stop Revolving Around Feeding Baby Every Two Seconds?
It feels insane right now wondering if there’ll ever come a time where ‘normal’ life happens again. Fear not friend, it will come though the 2-3 hour feed intervals should last up until about 4 months.
Taking Those Mid-Shash Feeding Breaks
It’s easy to get lost in baby land and forget or skip a meal/snack/pee break/hygienic self-care but DON’T DO IT! It’s important that you stay fed, hydrated (even if it feels like there aren’t enough hours in the day to consume water) and somewhat clean.
Don’t hesitate to ask family/friends/partner for help taking care of things while you’re stuck under your cute little milk guzzler!
How Will I Know If Baby is Actually Full?
That’s an excellent inquiry my friend! Here are some signs that baby is done feeding:
- They release the nipple from their mouth.
- They fall asleep/drift off during active suckling.
- They don’t grab for more food when removed from nursing position.
Of course every baby has its unique way of giving signs – pay attention to your munchkin’s ways as time goes on!
With Great Nursing Sessions Comes More Diapers…
More foods in equals more POOP and PEE out. So be prepared momma or poppa – crapping pile-ons happen around here quite frequently. A healthy one-month-old will likely have six wet diapers, two poopy ones daily…at least we hope.
All In All, You’ve Got This!
Feeding any new human being comes with challenges regardless of how many times they want boob juice at any given moment! Just remember these tips:
- BABIES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HELPLESS, so cut yourself some slack when exhaustion hits & know this too shall pass!
- Drink lots of fluids and eat well whenever possible.
- Don’t let the revolving door of dirty diapers getcha down!
…And yes our dear friends, that’s how many times you should breastfeed your one-month-old baby – like all the time. Their little tummies are growing rapidly and require constant fueling to thrive!
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Discover the Real Cost of Painting Your House: Expert Estimates!
- Unlocking the Secret to Choosing the Right GPS: A Comprehensive Guide
- Platelet function analysis test?
- 22nd Birthday Bash: Celebrate in Style with These Trendy Themes!
- How to Easily Adjust Roman Blinds for a Stylish Window Treatment!
- Is beetroot good for uric acid?
- How long does a frenectomy take?
- Pillow top mattress that you can flip?
- What is acute lumbar radiculopathy?
- Unlock the Secrets of the May 13 Zodiac Sign
- Why do babies cry when teething?
- Does Somatic Experiencing Work? Unearthing the Secrets of Effective Healing