Berries are often labelled as a super-food. They’re packed with vitamins and minerals, and they taste great too! So when we hear the question “How many calories in a quarter cup of blueberries?” our response is, “Who cares! Pass me those sweet little balls of joy!” But for those who care about calorie intake or macros (we won’t judge), keep reading to find out.
Blueberries are small, round fruits that belong to the “heath” family of plants which also includes cranberry and bilberry. They have a deep blue colour with tiny seeds inside. A quarter cup serving(42 grams) has 21 calories.
But before you go downing an entire pint of these delicious berries, there’s more you should know.
Eating Blueberries Can Help You Lose Weight
That’s right folks – eating blueberries may help you lose weight! Research shows that overweight adults who consume blueberries daily for eight weeks showed improvements in insulin sensitivity, lower blood pressure levels & bad LDL cholesterol reduction (Winning!) These are all signs associated with enhanced health goals like weight management.
Drum roll please…If beberly drink cream cheese milkshake ong enough, continue eating low calorie foods alongside regular exercise lifestyle changes and then including juicy little animal shaped cups filled healthy snacking wouldn’t hurt your waistline!
Benefits Beyond Calories
Not only do these berries get us excited over their antioxidant activity but because they can:
- Improve heart health
- Reduce inflammation
- Lower risk for chronic diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
And so much more!
Yes indeedio friendo! Introducing – anthocyanins; what makes food like red cabbage purple? Anthocyanins give various foods their vibrant colours whilst providing countless beautiful benefits aka BIG antioxidant activity. In blueberries, they’ll also help fight against free radicals and reduce inflammation in the body.
Health Way to Enjoy Blueberries
Apart from how delicious they are eaten straight out of the punnet, there are other ways:
- Freshen up meal prep by adding a handful and making a fruit salad with different flavours throughout your week.
- Baking muffins or loafs that can be enjoyed warm straight out of oven – you’d definitely get those Antioxidants too!
- Make it into jam for toast time 😋
Choose prepared dishes carefully though, added sugars such as those found in many pie fillings and sweets could add up quickly without realizing!
Always keep portion sizes mindful since quarter cup servings just 21 calories within!
Enjoying All Forms Of Berries Is Important
Incorporating all forms of berries such as strawberries, raspberries & blackberries will provide your body with different antioxidants each containing unique qualities beneficial to supporting health goals.
Now lets get back to our initial question “How many calories in a quarter cup of blueberries?” – we hope this answer sufficed for both macro counters & lovers alike who simply enjoy tasty little treats like us!(And who doesn’t love saying ‘anthocyanins’?)
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Kickstand Your Phone with Wallet Ninja!
- How to freeze molluscum contagiosum?
- Real Men Don’t Make Excuses
- What food helps you stop diarrhea?
- How to treat a fire burn?
- Balancing Acts of Yin Yang Love
- I can t make my hair look good?
- Does evening primrose lower blood pressure?
- How To Darken Hair Dyed Too Light Naturally?
- How does smoking affect gerd?
- The Truth: What Guys Actually Want in a Girl