So you’ve finally mustered up the courage to ask that special someone out on a date. You did everything right- picked a romantic spot, dressed nicely, had some great conversation – only to receive the maddening response of “I need time.”
Before you start panicking and overthinking every move you made during your date, take a deep breath and read on for some tips on how long to wait when she says she needs time.
Understanding The Situation
First things first: understand the situation at hand before coming up with any grandiose plans or conclusions. What does “needing time” actually mean? Some people use this phrase as an attempt to let down their suitor gently without hurting their feelings; others genuinely require space due to personal issues.
The best way is probably just asking her what it means exactly so that there are no misunderstandings between both parties. Ask if there’s anything specific causing her discomfort instead of assuming that it’s because of something you did wrong.
Don’t Pressure Her
When women say they need time, give them adequate solo-time to not feel pressured enough while figuring out and sorting through her feelings. Relationship outcomes are not obtained instantly but require gradual growth in trust and mutual understanding.
Respect her decision by giving her space rather than hounding/suffocating/about why she’s taking such unilateral steps in trying to deal with figuring things out.
If after a week or two weeks have passed (depending upon duration spent with each other) astoundingly far less has been shown in going forward then consider interactions turning onwards from acquaintance level friendly chats/table interaction amongst social media where responses can slowly descends into mentionable threads/emails.
Things To Do While Waiting:
While waiting isn’t always easy Try:
1. Finding A New Hobby: Start learning how to play guitar/fishing/meditate or even start going to the gym. Creating a more active lifestyle for yourself will benefit you much faster than waiting around.
2. Developing New Connections: Start meeting new people and broaden your horizons! Take advantage of online dating sites, chat rooms can help slow down detrimental thoughts while having a good talk all while being miles apart only.
3. Improving Yourself: Read books every day (both fictional/non-fictional), take up some courses online, learn communication skills/several languages (if interested).
4. Checking Up On Friends & Family: Spend time with friends/family members whom we haven’t spoken to in ages. Social interaction helps us stay happy even amidst tedious tasks.
Know Your Worth
Whenever someone says they need space, it’s easy to jump into this panic mode; Is she seeing somebody else? What did I do wrong? Am I not enough?
Instead of letting such unnecessary thoughts swallow you whole remind yourself that self-worth is key here, never let anything else define our value. We’re human too so don’t be harsh on ourselves but most importantly realize there are aspects beyond relationship focussed life too alongside personal growth as well!
When wanting/stalking current love interest doesn’t work out then where does one turn towards next … As equally significant aspirations await among fulfilling careers/social justice activism/hobbies/passions/personal goals …over time things always fall into place.in reality just like how salt mixed in water eventually settles at the bottom
Consider The How Longer Phase:
After two weeks if hardly any progress has been made nor clarification on whether exclusivity is off/definite end/interesting dynamic-formed accordingly+keeping affection/jovial discussions limited instead consider pursuing other romantic prospects worthwhile after trying again with her initially
Things To Keep In Mind:
- Keep an open mind regarding future interest(s).
- Live honestly by treating oneself kindly without berating oneself when things do not go according to plan.
- Remember that love is always subject to unpredictability.
No matter what decision comes your way, never allow anyone else’s actions affect the value of yourself or your self-worth. Try different things than usual activities in a bid towards general knowledge gain.
When she says, “I need time,” don’t let it overwhelm you with unnecessary thoughts and emotions about ‘not being good enough’ or feelings of inadequacy.
Remember to give her space and take this opportunity for personal growth while keeping an open mind toward new opportunities and experiences.
We often find that the best outcomes come from unplanned roads offering crossroads taking us into unknown territories yet in those places long-term friendships/adventurous journeys/ budding romance are waiting for one on each turn as well!
So sit back, relax, focus on improving ourselves instead of wallowing in negative thought processes!
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Is Kombucha Tea Alcoholic?
- Choosing the Perfect Fit: What Size Gutters Do I Need?
- What is a heartworm test?
- Can alcohol cause diverticulitis to flare up?
- What foods help with tension headaches?
- What temp does water burn skin?
- How is skin whitening treatment done?
- Is stevia illegal?
- Does everyone start out as female?
- How much krill oil should i take a day?
- Furious Feasting: The Fastest Happy Meal Eaten!