UTIs, or Urinary Tract Infections, are no fun for anyone. But men seem to have it particularly bad. The burning sensation while peeing and the constant urge to go are enough to make any guy want to curl up in a ball and cry like a baby. So how long does this misery typically last? We’ll cover everything you need to know.
What is a UTI?
Let’s start with the basics – what exactly is a UTI? A UTI is an infection that affects your urinary system which includes your bladder, kidneys, ureters (the tubes that connect your kidneys to your bladder), and urethra (the tube that carries urine out of your body).
Symptoms of UTIs
So how can you tell if you’re suffering from a UTI? Look out for these symptoms:
- Burning sensation during urination: This is one of the most common symptoms.
- Frequent urination: You may find yourself running to the bathroom more often than usual.
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine: If your pee looks or smells off, then it could be due to an infection.
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in semen
If you notice any of these signs, then contact your doctor right away.
Causes of a male’s UTI
There are several ways that guys can get infected with bacteria causing them pain down there:
Sexually transmitted infections
Chlamydia, gonorrhea and herpes-viruses 1&2 infections can all mess around with our manhoods by infecting different parts but mainly reach urethras leading on and causing great discomfort through frequent sensations as described above . Once caught though ,an antibiotic would generally help clear things up quite nicely but not without first reminding you about being safe next time!
Bladder stones or obstructions ( from an enlarged prostate) can cause anything obstructing normal flow leading to retention of urine, eventually leading on to infections open the door for bacteria.
Weak immune system
If you have a weak immune system, then your body is more susceptible to infections. This is why some guys may experience UTIs more frequently than others.
Regardless of the cause though, once infected, you want to get rid of it as quickly as possible.
How Long Does a UTI Last in Guys?
So how long does this misery usually last? The answer isn’t always straightforward…because there are different types of UTIs which can vary in severity and subsequently take different durations or healing speeds.
An uncomplicated acute UTI
Generally takes between 3-5 days to heal up completely if treated correctly with prescribed antibiotics; however mild symptoms may go away after first two days roughly.
>Tip: Drink lotsa water (minimum 8 cups aka 64 ozs should be consumed daily incase youre wondering)
In any case please do not stop/neglect taking medication too early since that could lead towards harder-to-treat recurring-resistent type bacterias also resulting in increase discomfort sigh.. better safe than sorry!
Complicated types requiring hospitalisation/subsequent surgical intervention
More complex cases involving immediate hospitalization for suitably approach such as removal bladder stones/obstruction through necessary treatments could span longer periods typically anywhere ranging from weeks-months even! Which requires keeping patience around.
A special note mentioned above: Please don’t put off receiving medical attention when experiencing persistent unbearable pain – It’s critical just saving oneself unnecessary struggles at every level otherwise(unimagineable outcomes).
Home Remedies To Help Ease Symptoms Of A Male’s UTI:
While waiting to see your doctor and during treatment here are some home-remedies often effective in treating general symptoms ( note: these not definite cures):
A heating pad: a nice warm pack around the lower abdomen and back area can bring some relief from cramps
Cranberry juice: one of our favorites here, it works by making urin acidic than necessary for bacteria to thrive in-this would eventually help prevent bacteria growth since most cant survive under such conditions.
Cleanliness guys! After using the restroom, wipe front to back avoiding an opportunity for aping specific type bacteria leading onto further trips down there(unfun times)
Drinking lots of fluids generally helps keep ones plumbing system working smoothly in clearing out toxins building up(all that aforementioned 8 cups minimum!)
Conclusion (But Don’t Get It Too Soon)
Alright fellas, let’s summarize what we’ve learned today:
– UTIs are common infections that affect men’s urinary systems.
– They have several causes including STI’s as well as obstructions with enlarged prostate or retained urine.
– Symptoms include painful urination and frequent trips to the bathroom
– Acute uncomplicated variety typically lasts 5 days when properly treated but more serious cases may require hospitalisation involving treatments stretching longer durations.
Bottom line: take care of yourself down there-symptoms should be a warning sign requiring prompt attention into seeking appropriate medical aid right until you’re okay again!
With all jokes aside though gentlemen remember your health is ultimately no joking matter !
Hey there, I’m Dane Raynor, and I’m all about sharing fascinating knowledge, news, and hot topics. I’m passionate about learning and have a knack for simplifying complex ideas. Let’s explore together!
- Can you get metronidazole at walmart?
- What Happens If You Pull Out A Permanent Tooth?
- How much is cbd?
- Demystifying the I-9 Form: Who Can Notarize an I-9 Form?
- What to Wear Under Ski Gear? Insider Tips for Ultimate Comfort!
- Why does the back of my foot hurt?
- Blue cross blue shield of tennessee medicare part d?
- Is blow drying your hair a physical change?
- Discover the Best Sources for Crushed Limestone: Where to Buy It Today!
- Strong but can t do push ups?
- Decoding Feline Signals: When Cats Make Biscuits Explained