Daily

Can you eat vicks?

Relatively safe: Vicks

is relatively safe. It should not be ingested and should not be used in children under the age of two. 3.7k views Reviewed >2 years ago

Can You overdose on Vicks? Although an overdose of Vicks VapoRub is unlikely if you follow the directions and keep it out of the reach of children, it is important to know the signs of an overdose and respond immediately: Stomach pain, vomiting, nausea. Burning sensation in the mouth or throat. Seizures and perhaps muscles in spasm. Being thirsty.

What happens when you put Vicks in your nose? The active ingredient in vicks is a mentholated product which is a natural decongestant. Placing it under you nose or in a vaporizer is fine, but it may cause irritation to your nasall membranes if placed inside.

Can Vicks VapoRub be dangerous? Vicks VapoRub should never be ingested as the ingredients, especially camphor, can cause life-threatening poisoning. Toxic effects of camphor ingestion typically occur within 5 to 120 minutes. Camphor initially stimulates the nervous system, which can lead to agitation in cases of mild poisoning.

What is Vicks good for? The most common use of Vicks is to decongest your chest and throat area. When applied to the upper chest, it provides excellent relief of congestion symptoms.